The information outlined below is from this article, explaining financing options and what's involved.
Homeowners have options for financing the replacement or repair of a septic tank. The ideal option for you depends on your ability to qualify for financing, most common options being a personal loan or home equity line of credit or loan.
The cost to replace an existing septic tank can range from $3,000 up to $8,000, but a smaller repair may cost between $300 and $4,000. These amounts include several expenses, including:
- Labor for a repair person
- Tools used to repair or replace the tank: Pump Truck, Excavator, etc.
- Materials and parts needed for the septic tank
- Excavation of land around the septic system
- County or city permits and fees